Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Enthusiasm!

For my Practical Ministry Class the other night we had a guest speaker, Ray Ulery. He was awesome! He said something that totally sparked a fire in me. He was actually speaking in reference to his marriage but he said "Enthusiasm is the secret to a Lasting Relationship." He talked about gaining and keeping enthusiasm for your spouse everyday. He was using this to say, enthusiasm is the secret to a tight relationship with the Lord.

I have to ask myself how many mornings have I gotten out of bed and out of the house having not expressed my enthusiasm for my best friend, my God. How many moments of the day do I let pass without telling my father and creator how much I am in love with him and how thankful I am for all that he has done in my life.

The definition of enthusiasm is:
1. absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit; lively interest.
2. an occupation, activity, or pursuit in which such interest is shown.
3. any various forms of extreme religious devotion, usually associated with intense emotionalism and a break with orthodoxy,

Therefore, enthusiasm is an action, an activity, and an intense pursuit of something. Wow. I definitely have my days or moments of when I am intense pursuit of God. Though days and moments are certainly not enough.

I have been taking piano lessons and I've been working so insanely hard at it. Last week I spent about 13 hours practicing. I DESIRE WITH UTMOST PASSION to play piano for worship and to write worship music. Though all that is great... God has asked me, "Do you pursue me with the same utmost intensity as your music?"

I must work at having enthusiasm for GOD at every moment.

A friend of mine ask me the other day what my daily word of encouragement was for her. She said every time she sees me it's like I have a word of encouragement and she wanted another one. Well, this day just so happen to be the hardest day at work I've had in a long time. I was exhausted. When she asked me this my insides were just screaming "NOOO, don't' ask me anything. I'm tired and I just want to go home!" Enthusiasm did not exist in me in that moment. Now, once we started talking God did give me a chance to encourage her about her situation. Praise God! However, the point is, I shouldn't let a hard day take my enthusiasm. I shouldn't let anything, ever, take my enthusiasm for God away... not even for a moment. This way at any moment God can use me in some one's life and I don't have to take a 10 minute time out to kick my flesh in the butt.

A couple of weeks ago I was going through the introduction to my workout DVDs, they are called 'Insanity'. In the introduction one guy said, "The key to seeing success is never pressing pause." That is so true, in the life of a christian, the key to being a success in the kingdom of God is never pressing pause to your passion and enthusiasm for Him!


Love ya
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. Great post! And I agree, enthusiasm IS key! ;)

    And I like the idea of not pressing the pause button!

    ReplyDelete